Christian Romance

What is love...

>> Friday, March 26, 2010

What is love.... in Real Life and in the Movies (Yes, I did say Movies)?

No matter if you are a man or a woman, you have some understanding of what the word "love" means. You probably have experienced good AND bad. Isn't that the course of life? As I sit down with my pen and paper and begin thinking of possible characters for my next novel, I begin to think about love. What is love?

Yes, I know love should be patient. Should be kind. Beyond that. What does love look like. Will my character see it? Will it be foreign to her? What is that trigger point that she sees love, recognizes that she has fallen as deep as deep can go?

Love is such a magical thing. It can start slow with gentle caresses in the wind. Maybe as simple as guy opening the door. With that simple eye contact, a connection was made. Or it could be the guy that irks you senseless. But in those moments when my character is the maddest, music begans to play. Love...is just around the corner.

I heard a story the other day about a girl who met her guy simply because he was being a gentleman. She saw it and was impressed. Of course, the story continues, they got together... sigh

It reminds me of my favorite movies...which, of course, are love stories. Pride and Prejudice, would be my top favorite. Runaway Bride, a close second.

What are your favorite love stories?

1 comments:

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home April 1, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

Love story was my first & favorite, but I also lie Pride & Prejudice too. There is just something about a period drama that sets the senses going!