Christian Romance

Jane Austen Book Review

>> Friday, March 19, 2010

As a writer, I often find encouragement, in learning about other authors. For many years, I have loved Jane Austen's books and movies. There is so much to learn from, as a writer, but apart from that, they are just good books.

Jane Austen, by Peter Leithart, was a wonderful book detailing Jane's life; with her family, her friends, and quotes from Jane herself.






PROS
I loved learning more about Jane herself. What made her write the things she did. That the reason she wrote about nature was her love for it. This book contains so much knowledge into the person, that I came away learning who Jane was.

Cons
The only con I have was that at times, it was a hard read. It reminded me of a genealogy at times, talking about the family tree. Yes, I know, this was important, so I kept reading.

If you want to learn about Jane Austen, this is the book to read!

0 comments: